Friday, December 19, 2008

It's Been a Hard Day's Night

This is a story I have to remember to tell the kids when they are teenagers and giving me a hard time.... It's starts at 9pm Wednesday, December 17, 2008...We bought small toys for Amelia class, flowers for the girls and hot wheels for the boys. Amelia insisted on picking the cars for each boy. At 9pm she realizes she forgot one little boy. So I decide that I will just wake up extra early to stop at Wal-mart before work to buy one more hot wheel car. I don't want to go after work because I have to go home to: cook, spend time with kids, bath kids, spend time with Frank and make cupcakes for the class party on Friday!

Moving on..Elliott has had a little cold and at 12:30am wakes up coughing almost like a choke and can't stop. I wake and begin to gather the nose spray and suctioner when I ram my pinkie toe right into the door frame. Man it hurt! So I am up until 4am with Elliott and a throbbing pinkie toe. The alarm goes off at 6am and I get up, get ready and limp myself through Wal-mart for 1 hot wheel car then go to work. I am pretty sure my pinkie toe is broken but from what I know they don't do anything for it but tape it.

I am sitting here thinking about all the mistakes I have made as a Mommy and feel that since I am at work on 2 hours sleep w/a broken pinkie toe and 1 hot wheel car purchased from Wal-mart at 7am all my mistakes should be forgiven! What's really scary about all this is that I feel and am functioning just fine on 2 hours of sleep!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You're a wonderful mommy, but yes...if there were any mommy mistakes they are ALL forgiven when you only got 2 hours of sleep to care for your sick baby and make an early morning stop at Wal-Mart for a hot wheel car!!